After a networking breakfast and presentation of the May 2017 ACIF Forecasts by head forecaster Kerry Barwise, an expert panel of industry leaders will give their response to the outlook for the next 10 years.
The 10-year forecasts include the work demand, labour needs, costs indexes, and major projects for residential and non-residential building, plus engineering construction.
Other things the ACIF Forecasts will cover include:
- Macro economic outlook and how international and Australian economic events affect our industry;
- National forecasts for all sectors;
- State comparisons;
- Major projects; and
- Outlook for the local industry in NSW and Sydney.
The panel will also discuss the big issues facing the industry - including how international factors affect demand for property in Australia, such as the new US President Donald Trump, and changing economic policies in China.
Special guests for the ACIF Briefing include:
- Adrian Harrington - chair of the Construction Forecasting Council, and head of funds management with Folkstone;
- Chris Kakoufas - general manager of development at Cbus Property;
- Cameron Kusher - Australia's head of research for CoreLogic;
- Andrew Scott - basic materials and industrials analyst with RBC Capital Markets; and
- Anneke Thompson - national director of research with Colliers International.
Held at the brand new International Convention Centre Sydney on Thursday May 4 2017, the ACIF Briefing is co-located with leading industry events including DesignBuild Expo, 2017 National Architecture Conference, and Fire Australia 2017.